Skip to content
Why am I charged a $50 application fee?
- This fee is used to pay for the criminal check, credit check, previous rental history check, and to verify your employment and income.
- It also covers office administration costs associated with processing your application.
Who do I call in the event of an emergency?
- During normal business hours: Monday-Friday (8:30-5:30) Please call 1-800-414-5031
- After normal business hours please call 541-387-5100 and a John L Scott Representative will contact you.
What is considered an emergency?
- An emergency can best be defined as a hazardous electrical situation, fire, and any other condition which could bring harm to either the resident or the property.
- A gas leak is an emergency and you should call the Gas Company immediately.
- A downed power line is an emergency and you should call the Power Company immediately.
What is NOT considered an emergency?
- Plugged drains, sinks, toilets, and showers are NOT considered emergencies unless they are causing the house to flood.
- A broken washing machine, dryer, hot water heater, refrigerator, range, or dishwasher is NOT considered an emergency.
What if one of my utilities has been turned off?
- If your gas, power, or water is off you need to contact the appropriate utility company.
What if I need an ambulance, the police, or the fire department?
- If you have an emergency requiring one or more of the above please call 911 for they will be better suited to help you then we can.
- If your house is on fire call 911, FIRST, and then contact John L Scott Property Management.
What if my water pipes break?
- If you have a broken water pipe you should turn the water off at the main to prevent flooding.
- Contact John L Scott Property Management to arrange for the pipe to fixed.
How do I know where the shut off is for the gas or water in my rented property?
- When you move-in you will be given a list stating the location of the various shut of valves if applicable.
What if my application is not successful for renting a property?
- We keep records of all applications for up to 6 months.
- During the 6 month period you will not need to pay another application fee to apply to rent one of our listed properties.